Monday, October 25, 2010

Weight Gain

Okay so this issue is HUGE for me. I know many people will think I am wrong for saying this but Im so nervous about gaining weight during the pregnancy. Its not that Im super skinny and don't want to ruin my body. Trust me Im no skinny girl and I already had stretch marks and fat but I guess since Im not in the best shape I just don't want to be an umpa lumpa.

So I was a certain weight (only me, my hubby and the doctor knows) on the very first appointment and the 2nd appointment I was two pounds lighter. Then the third appointment I was that same weight of two pounds lighter. Then at the appointment today I was two pounds less than that. So I am four pounds lighter than the very first appointment.

This makes me happy because they don't want me to gain unnecessary weight in the beginning for the health of me and the baby. I know I will gain weight soon because I am pregnant and I know I have to be okay with it. Its just an adjustment because I wasn't happy with my weight before the pregnancy.

Since finding out I was pregnant though I have seriously changed my diet and concentrated on eating healthy so I will continue that and try my best to avoid becoming unhealthy.

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on the pregnancy Twila! and I completely understand where you come from. I'm not prego yet but when I am I will be also concerned with the weight gain because I'm pretty short in stature so the extra weight will show pretty quickly. But as long as we eat healthy and still enjoy treats here and there, the we and our babies will be happy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! Congratulations again on the baby! Don't worry about the weight...you are beautiful and are growing a beautiful little person! But, when I was pregnant with my second, I lost 5 pounds at the beginning, too. Crazy, but as long as you take care of yourself and eat right, you'll be fine. I'm gonna make a guess, here, if that's ok. I'll say you're having a girl. Can't wait to hear what it is!!!

    ReplyDelete